At United Way of Lewis County, we believe in improving the lives of our citizens and our commitment to strengthen communities is our top priority. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change in Lewis County.
United Way of Lewis County invests in LOCAL community programs that address Early Literacy, Youth Success, Financial Stability, and Support Services; working to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty in Lewis County for those people who want a better life for themselves and their families.
We believe that Education, Income, and Health are the building blocks of a good quality of life. Everyone wins when children succeed in school and reach their potential, families are financially stable and independent, and individuals achieve and maintain good health throughout the stages of their lives.
EDUCATION - Helping children and youth achieve their potential.
- Children enter kindergarten developmentally on track in terms of literacy and social, emotional, and intellectual skills.
- Third graders read at grade-level proficiency.
- Young people graduate from high school.
INCOME - Helping families become financially stable and independent, while ensuring that basic needs are met.
- Families have support for basic needs, including shelter and food.
- Youth and adults develop financial literacy skills.
- Lower-income families move toward financial stability.
- Community members have resources to overcome disasters and emotional or financial crises.
HEALTH - Improving people's health.
- Community members have access to healthier foods.
- Children and adults decrease overweight and obesity and associated chronic diseases.
- Community members have access to basic and preventative health services.
- Youth and adults are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
- Seniors and people with disabilities maximize their self-sufficiency.