Improving people's health.
- Community members have access to healthier foods.
- Children and adults decrease overweight and obesity and associated chronic diseases.
- Community members have access to basic and preventative health services.
- Youth and adults are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
- Seniors and people with disabilities maximize their self-sufficiency.
Support Services Objective - Ensures funding for a network of services, (health, food, shelter, etc.) to help hard working individuals/families move past immediate needs that may prevent them from participating in programs that address their long term needs.
United Way of Lewis County works with partner agencies to address the necessities for those in our community who need basic help.
More than 36,000 households visited one of the eight Lewis County food banks at least once.
Over $112,000 in pro-bono legal services was provided to low income individuals in Lewis County.
445 clients were served through the free walk-in medical clinic for the uninsured/underinsured.
Last year, South Sound 2-1-1 reached 734 people in Lewis County for housing/rental assistance, utilities, and transportation services.